Booking terms and conditions
All bookings shall be made on the following terms and conditions:
1.Provisional bookings can be made by telephone and held for five days.
The reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the the deposit. A deposit (non-refundable) of one-third of the rental is required on booking with the balance paid eight weeks before the first day of the holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday, the full amount is to be paid at the time of booking. Heating,electricity,bed linen and towels are included in the rental. Bookings are from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10 am on the day of departure.
2. Once the booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of cancellation by the Hirer we will endeavour to re-let the property at the same or higher rental and, if successful, make a refund of monies paid less the deposit which is non-refundable. No refunds will be given on cancelled short breaks or bookings which are made within four weeks before the start of the holiday, whether or not the property is re-let. We recommend that holiday insurance, including cancellation insurance, be taken out. If for any reason the property is not available or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (for example, but without limitation, by reason of fire, damage or system fault or failure) the Owners will refund in full all rent and any security deposit paid by the Hirer, but there will be no further claim against the Owners or any agent of the Owners.
3. Method of Payment - Payment shall be made by cheque, unless the booking has been made at short notice when a Paypal payment may be requested. No VAT is currently (at the time of preparation of these Terms and Conditions) charged on the rental, but if the situation changes and it becomes payable, it will have to be added to the rental.
4. The Hirer is responsible for the holiday accommodation and its equipment during the period of their stay and for the obligations and conditions of the booking. The accommodation, equipment, utensils etc. should be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which found.
5. In the case of any problems, please contact the Owners or the Owners' agent or representative immediately and every reasonable effort will be made to rectify any problem. Complaints not reported during occupancy cannot be investigated at a later date. Whilst the Owners will do everything reasonable within their power to effect speedy repairs to the property and/or furnishings, equipment,appliances or facility that may breakdown, be faulty or fail during the holiday, no guarantees are given and no refunds will be made should any such fault, failure or breakdown occur and not be remediable or rectifiable either immediately or during the holiday.
6. The Owners or their representative(s) shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy for the purpose of inspection or to carry out works or repairs deemed by the Owners necessary to the property or the equipment and fittings. Without limitation, this shall include access to the garden.
7. The number of persons using the accommodation (except for babies in cots where applicable) shall not exceed the maximum stated, unless previously arranged.
No person shall stay or be permitted to stay in the garden or drive and, without limitation, no person shall stay or be permitted to stay in any part of the premises in a tent, caravan, mobile home, RV or any other similar structure or vehicle.The owner reserves the right to refuse admission to any persons or animals not named when making the reservation or agreed to in writing at an earlier date. This booking is personal to the Hirer and cannot be assigned or passed to any other person.
8. No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be suffered or sustained by the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person or vehicle or its contents or any property or possession of the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person. Please take out your own insurance. To the extent that the Owners are liable for any such loss, damage, sickness or injury the Hirer will compensate the the Owners in full for such liability.
9. The property is strictly non-smoking. In addition to condition11. below, if in the opinion of the Owners or the Owners' agent, smoking has occurred on the property in breach of the above undertaking the Owners will have the right to forfeit all or part of the good housekeeping deposit (without limitation to the generality of condition 13. below) as may, in their or their agent's opinion, be required to pay for any damage and to defray the expense of cleaning the property.
10. No pets are allowed.
11. In the event of any breach of these conditions by the Hirer, the owner or their agent may re-enter the premises and thereupon the hiring created shall absolutely determine.
12 In addition to condition 2., in the event of cancellation by the Owners, any deposit or rent will be reimbursed in full but this will represent the full extent of the owner’s liability and the Owners will not be liable for any other loss howsoever arising. Whilst the details of the property on this website are to the best of the Owners' knowledge are correct, the Owners reserve the right to make changes to the website and property and contents as they think fit. The Owners are not responsible for any changes or closure to area amenities, services or attractions. The property’s contents and decoration may change/be renewed from time to time and therefore may not be exactly as shown or stated on the web site.
13 Any damages or breakages must be paid for. Accidental damage/breakage of a minor nature will not normally be charged for. A good housekeeping deposit of £100 must be sent with the balance of the rental. The Hirer agrees that this may used to offset the cost which, in the Owners's opinion, is required to remedy any damage and/or breakages or carry out any additional cleaning (beyond that usually undertaken on changeover day) to retore the property to a clean and satisfactory. Any balance not so required will be refunded to the Hirer. This and condition 11 shall be without any prejudice to any other rights and remedies of the Owners.
14. The lead name on the booking is responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the holiday and shall be (along with each adult member of the party) jointly and severally liable in respect of the obligations of the Hirer under these Terms and Conditions and agrees that he or she is contracting as agent for each member of the party and will be responsible for compliance by each member of the party with these Terms and Conditions.